Thursday, September 6, 2012

Buxom Insider Eyeliner


Here’s some advice that I wish someone had given me years ago: Go out to Sephora and get Buxom Insider Eyeliner now.

I gave up trying to line the inside of my eyelids years ago because I was sure I was going to end up injuring myself (plus my results were always too gothy and/or messy).  Then I tried this product (which I grabbed for free at a beauty swap) and now everything’s changed (at least when it comes to eye makeup).

This eyeliner goes on like magic due to its silky formula and perfectly designed nib. It requires almost no pressure and leaves a visible, consistent line of colour that perfectly lines my inner lash line, as well as my outer ones. One swipe is perfect for a more casual look while a second swipe amps up the drama level without crossing into “goth” territory.

It’s not often that I completely agree with a product’s claims but this eyeliner absolutely “…delivers rich, long-wearing color…” and “…glides on without tugging or irritating your eyes.”

Besides being a dream to apply, this eyeliner is also on the healthy side, thanks to a formula that contains vitamins and antioxidants. It’s also free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and phthalates.

While researching this product I did discover that while a lot of people out there love it, just like I do, some hate it because they find that it tends to smear and make a huge mess.


Personally, I found that the only way I could get this eyeliner to smear was to rub my eyes and then yes, it did make quite the mess (which makes sense since this is a highly pigmented product). But as long as I kept my hands away from face, this liner easily made it to the end of the night, with only some light fading. (I would also avoid crying while wearing this eyeliner; while I didn’t test this out, I feel like tears would easily smear this product).

At $18, this product may not be cheap but it’s an amazing deal when you consider how easy and effective it is (plus each pencil has a built-in sharpener).

Would I buy this product: Yes! I’m currently using black jasper but Buxom offers this product in seven other shades and I think I’m going to pick up at least one or two other shades.

Should you buy this product: Did you read the first paragraph of this review? The answer here is an easy “Yes!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment