Friday, October 28, 2016

Orofluido Beauty Elixir Review

My favourite part of being a Topbox subscriber is being introduced to brand new products like today's subject: Orofluido Beauty Elixir.

Made with a blend of argan, cyperus and linseed oils, the elixir is basically a leave-in hair serum that can be used on wet or dry strands. On wet hair, this product supposedly speeds up drying time, enhances shine, adds in body and movement and "leaves hair light, silky and easy to comb." Then on dry hair it supposedly provides shine

 while making "combing easier
" and "leaves hair soft, disciplined and flexible."

I don't know what "disciplined" hair is so I can't comment on that. But I can say that this elixir left my hair, whether it was wet or dry, soft, light and manageable. I do wish that it fought frizzies a bit better but hey, it doesn't make any claims about that. Instead, the claims are all about shine and there this serum delivers. My hair was packed with shine and looked (and felt) very silky.

But wait, there's more! This serum supposedly contains, "...UVA/UVB filters to protect hair from the damaging effects of the sun." While I can't judge that claim, I can comment on this one: "(the elixir has)....a pleasant, silky texture that is rapidly absorbed and does not add weight." I completely agree; this serum never weighed down my hair nor did it leave it oily or stringy, even when I used a bit too much.

Besides leaving my hair looking great, it also left it smelling like vanilla. Unfortunately that scent faded after a couple of hours but while it lasted, it was wonderful.

Orofluido is a Revlon company but I've never seen it in a drugstore. I've actually never seen it in any store. However, it is available online, including at Trade Secrets. There, a 100ml bottle goes for $30, which is a fair price for a high quality product. Also, 100ml will last you for months.

The elixir is packaged in a sleek glass bottle. The open top does mean that you might pour a bit more then you need but thankfully, like I mentioned above, this is a very forgiving product.

Would I buy this product: Yes, the next time I'm in the market for a new hair serum I'll be picking up Orofluido Beauty Elixir.

Should you buy this product: Yes; this serum delivers on its promises, is nicely priced and smells great.

No comments:

Post a Comment