Monday, January 2, 2012

Luxe Box – December 2011


For Christmas, my husband gave me a subscription to Loose Button’s Luxe Box, “a new and exciting service that delivers 4-5 deluxe-sized beauty products to your doorstep every month.” It’s a really great idea and a gift that I’m really happy I got.

However, I have to admit that I’m a bit disappointed with my first box, the December 2011 one. While the packaging is great and it arrived right on schedule, its contents are a bit disappointing:



  • DDF Advanced Firming Cream
  • Yves Rocher Italian Mandarin Shower Gel
  • Paco Rabanne Lady Million perfume
  • Paco Rabanne 1 Million perfume
  • Black NYX Slim Eye Pencil (Full-size)

Now, if everyone who subscribes to Luxe Box had gotten these same items, I would probably have been okay with this box. But not everyone ended up with the same things. While I (and others) received a shower gel, some people got a tube of Kerastase Elixir Ultime, a product I would have vastly have preferred over the shower gel (which does smell nice but doesn’t seem like anything special).  Meanwhile, other people received fake lashes while some got a full-sized bottle of nail polish or a Lise Watier lip gloss instead of the eye liner.

The perfume brands also varied though I’m actually quite happy with the scents I got and that I got one for me and one for my husband. But I do wish the perfume samples were bigger. What we were given are essentially the half-filled tubes you get at the mall, hardly a deluxe sample.

As you can see over on Loose Button’s Facebook page, I’m not the only disappointed subscriber out there. I’m hoping the company takes all of that feedback and uses it to craft stronger and ideally more consistent Luxe Boxes. Ideally, any variations would be the result of personalization, otherwise things just don’t seem fair.

My husband signed me up for a year’s worth of Luxe Boxes and despite my initial disappointment, I am excited to get the next one. After all, it’s hard to complain too much about a pretty box arriving in the mail each month, filled with surprise beauty items.    

No comments:

Post a Comment