Saturday, May 19, 2012

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner


Initially, I was a bit disappointed in these two products. They promised big things. “Weightlessly repairs to restore full style” claimed my sample bottles while its website talks about how the omega-3 rich formula “…adds body for full, flowing styles” and “Smoothes and detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging while combing or brushing.”

But after a couple of tries, I was unimpressed. Yes, this was a lightweight line that did deliver on its detangling claim, but it certainly didn’t fill my hair with body or shine.

If I had been trying this line out at home, I likely would have tossed it and switched to something else. But since I was on vacation and this was the shampoo and conditioner that I’d brought, I kept using. This turned out to be a good thing because after my third use, I noticed that my hair did look a bit healthier and happier.

The real improvement though happened after the fourth use.  I followed this use up with some Moroccanoil and after I blow dried (and yes, I’d been blowing drying my hair this whole time), I was left with hair that was shiny, full of volume and generally just looked good.

So it turns out that this line does work, it just needs a bit of time and to be paired with Moroccanoil.

Like all John Frieda products, this one is reasonably priced (low teens), has a light scent and lathers up nicely. It’s also safe for colour/chemical treated hair.

Would I buy these products: While they did eventually work, there are other hair care lines out there that work quicker and in my opinion, better (LaCoupe orgnx Brazilian Keratin shampoo and conditioner I’m looking at you). Because of that, I’m going to pass on these products.

Should you buy them: Nah, unless you’re a big John Frieda fan who finds that its products visibly work for you better than other brands, skip these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment