Fashion Magazine features a great interview with Gina Brooke, Madonna’s on-tour makeup artist.
I'm not a big fan of Madonna’s style but I am always interested in reading about what brands high-profile performers wear on stage since those are the people who really put products through their paces and Madonna’s no exception.
Brooke acknowledges that her biggest challenge,”…is finding products that are going to stay put.” Hey, that’s one of my challenges too.
Here’s what Brooke is currently using on M’s face:
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow, which Brooke uses as both eye shadow and eyeliner
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color and Lip Line in #8, which Brooke tops with an unnamed gloss
- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation and Concealer, which Brooke applies with her fingers
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Make Up For Ever MD Microfinish Blush in #5, which Brooke uses to contour Madonna’s face
- Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte in Colourless, which Brooke says successfully battles the “nightmare" that is shine
These are all items that I haven’t tried but I think that’s going to have to change. I’m particularly interested in the primer and powder. After all, if they’re good enough for Madonna, a woman who, in the article, comes off like a details-obsessed control addict, they’re likely good enough for me.