Friday, November 23, 2012

Holiday Craft Sales

It’s almost Christmas time and that means presents! Oh, and food and family and goodwill to all men but also presents!

I like the give as much as I like to get and I prefer to shop from craft fairs and small shops as much as possible. Below are a few places that I might be purchasing presents from this year but if you know of any other great sales, please let me know!

One of A Kind Show
November 22-December 2 @ The Direct Energy Centre
$12
This show has almost everything from jewellery to clothes to décor to food. It is absolutely massive and needs to be approached like a day at the mall. Wear comfy shoes, leave your coat in the car and above all, do NOT come here on the weekend, it’s just too crazy. The best time I've found to shop this sale is early in the week, in the afternoon.


The Toronto Christmas Market
November 30-December 16, The Distillery District
Free
I've never been to this event but I'm hoping to change that this year because it sounds like a great day out: “Inspired by the Old World and influenced by the New, this free annual event captures all of the tradition, heritage and charm of a European Christmas Market, while showcasing hundreds of unique and local handcrafted products.” And there’s a beer garden!

Parkdale Holiday Bazaar 
December 1 @ St. John's Church at 186 Cowan Ave
Free
This Saturday is completely booked for me or else I would be checking out this sale that promises lots of jewellery and repurposed and vintage items.

CRAVE-ings Shopping Party
December 4 @ Rent frock Repeat — 35 Golden Ave
$15 in advance, $20 at the door
This sale, which features bills itself as “an exclusive, festive, glam-gal gathering of fun, shopping, entertainment and personal pampering” that will feature “some of the best women-owned businesses in Toronto,” caught my eye because it’s being held at Rent frock Repeat’s showroom, a spot that I've wanted to check out for a while. It’s also near my house and is offering gift bags to the first 100 visitors (and I will be one of them!).

City of Craft
December 8 & 9 @ The Theatre Centre at 1087, 1093 & 1095 Queen Street West
$2
I went to this last year and was very impressed by the variety of products that were available. In addition to the usual jewellery/homemade beauty products/photography, there was number of more
art-y vendors, including some who made beautiful and unique silkscreen products (I picked up a tiny, silkscreened book that detailed out World War One for Husband).

Roncesvalles
Open right now @ Roncesvalles Avenue
Free
My neighbourhood is packed with great shops and I know that I will definitely be doing some shopping along Toronto's best street. Read up on some of my favourite shops here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment