Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stila Glamoureyes Mascara

We've got another strong contender in my Mascara Week mascara showdown: Stila Glamoureyes Mascara. This product that comes armed with a ton of claims and impressively, I found most of these claims to be true.

Most of them. Let’s start with the claims that just didn’t match my reality. While this is a great mascara, it did not create the “…softest, plushest lashes ever” and it was not “…without clumping” (though there wasn't much clumping). And no, it won’t replace false lashes or “…stop traffic with the blink of an eye.”

Also, I don’t agree that, “a single stroke instantly lengthens, volumizes and curls for long, luscious lashes.” However, multiple strokes certainly do and the end result is indeed a “…dramatic, wide-eyed look” that “…transforms eyes from ordinary to alluring.”

This mascara really does create an attractive look that can easily go from pretty day-time to more dramatic night-time with just a few more strokes. But despite adding a good amount of volume and length to my lashes, this mascara never left my lashes feeling stiff or heavy. According to Stila, that’s because Glamoureyes has a “…weightless, creamy formula…” that does indeed leave lashes feeling “…completely natural.”

But while I love this product’s formula, I have mixed feelings on the brush. It did a great job at curling my lashes and a reasonable job at separating them (though multiple coats often do create clumps) however, its longer-than-usual bristles almost always left mascara on my actual eyelids. As you can imagine, this was a pain to clean off, especially if I had applied a highly pigmented eye shadow colour to my lids.

Because of that issue, I can’t say that this product is easy-to-apply. However, I have no problems saying that once this mascara is on; it doesn't flake, smudge or easily rub off (oddly enough, Stila doesn't make any claims about this mascara’s ability to easily last through a work day).

I also can't complain too much about the price. At around $22, this item is fairly price, even if it does break the $20 barrier.


Who Will Win Mascara Week? 

Tarte lights, camera, lashes!
Lancome Hypnose Drama
Stila Glamoureyes
Benefit They're Real
Ease of application**********
Results************
Staying power***********
Price********

All rankings are out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment