Friday, February 1, 2013

Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex


My last post was all about Dermalogica and how, for the most part, I wasn't impressed with this pricey brand’s products. However, there is one Dermalogica item that I love: the Renewal Lip Complex.

This daily lip treatment is a fantastic product that uses avocado oil, shea and cocoa seed butters and a patented polypeptide to pack my lips with moisture. Since I started using this product back in December, I have noticed a real improvement in the softness and texture of my lips. And while winter might be making my face dry, it’s having zero impact on my lips. They've yet to crack once and, given how healthy my lips look and feel right now, I can’t imagine them cracking at all this season.

Besides being a moisturiser, this product, which is part of Dermalogica’s Age Smart line, also supposedly “…restores delicate tissue, minimizes contour lines and helps prevent the signs of ageing…” I can’t comment on these claims since my lips have yet to show any signs of ageing but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to them since this product clearly contains effective ingredients.

I can though say that in addition to adding in moisturise, this lip treatment also leaves a clear, glossy, but not-too-glossy finish that feels completely natural. It looks great on its own but also works nicely under a lipstick.

Like all Dermalogica products, this one is free of artificial fragrances and colours and it doesn't come cheaply. It retails for around $34 however, assuming you use this treatment just the recommended two times a day, it will easily last you three months.

Is just over $11 a month too much for a quality lip treatment that works and that can double as a gloss? Not in my opinion.

Will I buy this product again:
Yes! This item is now a key part of my daily beauty routine.

Should you buy this product:
If dry lips are a problem for you then yes, invest in this product and its impressive moisturising powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment