Saturday, March 23, 2013

L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur


According to L’Oreal, RevitaLift Miracle Blur is a brand new type of beauty product: “It’s NOT a moisturiser  NOT a foundation, MORE than a primer; it’s the first of-its-kind Instant Skin Smoother” explains this item’s web page.

I certainly agree that this transparent, paste-like product is nothing like a moisturiser or foundation but the “more than a primer” part? Well, according to L’Oreal this product will, “Blur the look of your lines, pores and wrinkles…” and is “…an instant skin smoother with a perfecting velvety-matte finish!” That sounds like a primer to me.

But who cares, what this product is, the big question is, does it work? Well, sort of, but not in the way L’Oreal describes. I found that while this primer didn't “blur” or erase my flaws, it certainly did minimize them by completely, and instantly, taming shine.  

I'm actually a bit surprised that L’Oreal doesn't emphasis this product’s shine-killing abilities because I've never, ever come across another product that eliminates shine so impressively.  Usually the use of the word “miracle” in a product name makes me roll my eyes but in this case, it’s completely appropriate because the amazing, matte finish this primer delivers truly is miraculous.

Unfortunately, that lovely finish doesn't last as long as I would like it. While this product does a good job at fighting off shine for a few hours, by the end of the work day it’s back and gone is that “velvety-matte finish.”

L’Oreal says that this product can be worn on its own and yeah, it can, if oily skin is your lone skin issue. But if you get blemishes like me, this primer is strictly for under foundation wear. Worn that way, this slippery-feeling product does a great job of creating smooth, shine-free surface. And regardless of how much you heap on, it always feels lightweight and never balls up or otherwise interferes with makeup.

However, while this primer does an A+ when it comes to prepping skin for makeup, it gets a solid D when it comes to keeping makeup in place. As soon as the shine starts creeping back, away goes any makeup you've applied. To be fair, L’Oreal doesn't make any claims about this product in this area but then it does say this product is “more than a primer” and don’t most primers claim to extend your makeup’s wear time?

At least this product isn't as pricy as most primers out there. While its $30 price tag might be high for a L’Oreal product, that’s almost cheap in the world of primers.

Will I buy this product: True, this item does disappoint me in some areas but its shine-killing powers are so amazing that I can see myself picking this item up, especially if I can get it on sale.

Should you buy this product: If shine isn't a big issue for you skip this product. But if it is, you probably want to take a closer look at this primer, especially if you have nearly perfect skin except for that layer of shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment