Sunday, March 10, 2013

Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel


I think this product is just too simple for my skin care needs. According to its web page, this gel, “…leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed and revived…”and while it did wash off foundation, it was no match for eye makeup, deep-down dirt or blemishes. And that’s a real shame because I really like how this product is free of several nasty, unnecessary ingredients including dyes, artificial perfumes and hard irritants.

It’s also free of “soap”, which makes a lot of sense for a product that’s aimed at those with sensitive skin but isn't ideal for someone like me who wants a face wash that deeply washes my skin. However, the lack of soap (among other things), means that this wash actually is “non drying.” That fact, combined with this product’s inclusion of moisturising pro-vitamin B5 meant that dry spots weren't an issue on my face while I used this product.


Unfortunately blemishes were. Now, I was mostly using this product while I was on vacation in a humid, tropical environment so I was definitely putting it through its paces but still, if this wash was truly packed with cleaning power, that wouldn't matter. Also, a Toronto summer can easily be as sweltering as a Caribbean island so if this product can’t prevent pimples down there, it’s not going to be much good up here.

While this product didn't fully clean my skin, it did leave it feeling clean and it easily washed off. It also went on easily and without a noticeable scent.

Price-wise, this wash runs around $8/9, a cost I think is appropriate for this product is: A very mild, non-drying wash that’s just not for everyone.

Would I buy this product again: No, it’s just not strong enough for my skin care needs.

Should you buy this product: If you have sensitive or dry skin, this item is worth checking out, especially since it’s so reasonably priced. I suspect that it would also work nicely for someone with normal skin who either wears minimal makeup or who uses a good makeup remover. But if blemishes are an issue for you this product isn't going to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment