Thursday, June 13, 2013

My June 2013 Topbox

My first ever Topbox arrived yesterday and I have to say that I am very, very impressed with what I received and with how quickly, and easily, it arrived.  

For my $12 subscription fee, I received:

  • Belvada Cosmetics Mini Eyelash Curler
  • Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Sugarbomb (6.5 ml)
  • Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Fairy Lashes Mascara (full-sized)
  • China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Safari Queen (full-sized)

Some people received Pari Beauty Colour Cubes instead of the nail polish and initially I was hoping to get those items as they’re something that I've never tried before. However, I'm now actually quite happy that I received the polish because it’s a gorgeous, slightly metallic shade of purple that's unlike anything I own. And really, I'll get more use out of the polish than the cubes.

My favourite item though is the lip gloss. I love Benefit’s Ultra Plush Gloss line and the Sugarbomb shade, which is a “shimmering pinky nude,” is the perfect everyday colour. I'm also completely okay with it not being full-sized item. I find that I can rarely use up a whole lip product before it goes weird so this sample, which comes in at 6.5 ml is perfect for me.

Besides being impressed with the contents of my box, I was also quite happy to get a June box well inside of June (sending boxes out in a timely manner is something that Luxe Box struggles with). Topbox clearly communicated that the boxes would ship out on Monday, June 10 and that’s exactly what happened.

And unlike some of my past Luxe Boxes, there was no having to go to the post office to pick this item up. Instead my Topbox, which is really a tube, fit nicely into my post box.

I'm still subscribed to Luxe Box for two more quarterly boxes but if they don’t step up their game, and if Topbox keeps sending out boxes as good as this one, I'm not going to have any issues deciding which subscription to keep and which one to ditch.


No comments:

Post a Comment