Friday, August 2, 2013

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color

A couple of weeks ago the nice people over at Make Up Forever sent me a package that included an Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color and a pot of Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color, both in colours from its new Summer 2013 line. 

As I wrote over here, the lip color had amazing staying power and the Fuchsia shade I received is one of the most intense lip colours that I’ve ever worn. In fact, it was a little too intense for most of my life’s occasions.

But the Aqua Cream eye colour I received, a pretty purple shade identified as #54, is much more versatile.  Yes, it is indeed “ultra-pigmented” and its “…mother-of-pearl pigments…” can certainly provide “…immediate colour intensity with a luminous finish” if you layer this product on. But you can also just swipe it on for a more subtle touch of purple. 

 While this product does have a bit of shimmer, it’s sparkle-free and while yes, it is purple, it can easily be worn during the day. It really is a great colour and it’s one that’s now in my regular rotation of eye colours.

Layer-friendly colour
But the colour isn’t the only reason why I’m using it on a regular basis; I also love the texture. It’s super silky and is a breeze to apply. It also blends nicely with other products.

Less impressive is its endurance. According to MUF, “Its long-lasting formula will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions.“ It said something similar about the lip product and those claims turned out to completely true so I expected nothing less from my Aqua Cream. Unfortunately, while this product is indeed waterproof and easily with stayed in place in both the shower and the gym, it was defeated by every day life.

It was actually quite weird. Usually eye colour disappears by bunching up in my eyelid creases or by smudge all around by eyes. But in Aqua Cream’s case, there was no creasing and while there was some smudging there wasn’t enough to explain where the colour went; it just disappeared. In the morning, I left the house with this product on and eight hours later, there is just a faint remnant of it on my lids, with a dusting of it around my eyes.

I did try pairing it with a couple of different primers but the results were always the same. It was very odd though not odd enough to keep me from wearing this product.

At $23 per pot, this eye colour isn’t cheap and no, it doesn’t last as long as I would like but it certainly does deliver pretty, silky colour.

Would I buy this product: Yes. Sure, it’s not long lasting but then neither are most eye colours and most of them aren’t nearly as pretty and vibrant as Aqua Cream.

Should you buy this product:  If bold-yet-versatile colour is what you’re after and you’re okay with the price point, then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment