Friday, December 27, 2013

Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel

A few weeks ago I received a nice surprise in the mail: A free bottle of Revlon’s Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel; an item I received because I’m a member of the company’s Revlon Selects team.

The bottle I received was a bright blue shade called Surf Spray. According to the card that accompanied it, this product is “a sensorial experience for your nails, exciting you from the moment you apply your colour.”

And what makes it a “a sensorial experience?” The fact that this polish line features “vibrant, shiny shades that go on smoothly” and a “light fragrance revealed when dry.” Yes, according to Revlon, this item basically blends nail polish together with perfume.

It’s a bit of a weird idea and one that, at least with Surf Spray, didn’t really work. After I’d applied this polish, and it had completely dried, I took several long sniffs of my nails and discovered that they smelled like nails that had been recently painted. Okay, the scent did smell fresher than normal but it was hardly perfume-like.

Maybe the problem is the scent itself: What is Surf Spray supposed to smell like? Salt? I did notice a whiff of saltiness but I thought that was simply the natural scent of my fingers. Other names in this collection include watermelon, balsam fir, ginger melon, all items that have strong and distinctive fragrances. I’ve read a few other reviews on this product and according to those write-ups, these other colours/scents do live up to their names. Maybe Surf Spray is just a dud in the fragrance department.

Revlon_Parfumerie_Scented Nail_Enamel_Review_surf_sprayBut while this polish didn’t deliver “a sensorial experience,” it did deliver gorgeous, shiny colour
that went on smoothly and easily. And once this polish is on, it stays on, only chipping after close to a week’s worth of wear and tear.

I also quite liked this polish's packaging. The bottle is elegant and slightly different looking but also quite practical.

The Parfumerie collection features 16 shades in “classic and on trend colours” and “in finishes from creams to glitters.” While I love the blue shade I received, there are a few other colours that I have my eye on. And at under $8 a bottle, I can afford to pick up one, or two, more shades (though not until my no-buy period is over).

Would I buy this product: Yes! Despite the fact that this scented polish didn’t have much of a scent, I would still buy it because the polish went on easily, looked pretty and lasted.

Should you buy this product:
Yes! This is a great, and affordable, nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment