Monday, January 20, 2014

Pixi Lash Booster Mascara

Pixi_Lash_Booster_Mascara_review_luxebox If you were to hear a mascara described as “giving (lashes) a push-up effect that lasts all day,” what would you picture? Big, beautiful lashes that border on false-lashes territory? Because that’s what I picture.

Unfortunately, that’s not what Pixi’s Lash Booster Mascara delivers. While the company describes it as  “do-it-all mascara that curls, defines, lengthens and thickens with a glossy, water-resistant finish,” I found that this mascara didn’t do much of anything besides making my lashes look a touch, and I mean a touch, thicker and glossier.

Pixi also claims that this product’s “cone-shaped brush coats each last evenly for ultimate smudge-free, waterproof lash & eye definition.” Here I mostly agree with Pixi’s claims. This mascara went on easily and smoothly, without any clumps. And once it was applied, it stayed in place until I used makeup remover to take it off.  

However, it didn’t do much to provide eye definition since this mascara didn’t do much of anything for my eyes. Sure, it perked them up a little but the results are hardly “a push-up effect.”

I received my sample of this mascara from my mother, who received it in a LuxeBox. My mother doesn’t wear mascara so that’s why she gave it to me. But after trying this product multiple times, I think she might have actually liked it since wearing this mascara is scarcely any different than not wearing any mascara at all. 

This mascara retails for the equivalent of $22 Canadian dollars on Pixi’s website though I’m told that it can be picked up for cheaper at Target. Though why anyone would pay even $5 for it is a mystery to me.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: Ok, I supposed that if you’re someone who just wants a hint of something on their lashes, this product is for you. But if you’re like most people and want to use a mascara that actually makes your lash pop, use something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment