Friday, February 28, 2014

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

I received my Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara as part of my Full Exposure eyeshadow palette. While it wasn’t a full-sized product, it was a great bonus and certainly gave me more than a taste of what this product is like.

According to Smashbox, this new mascara, “exposes your longest, fullest lashes,” resulting in “maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes.” The company then lists off several numbers: 104% increase in lash volume, 32% increase in lash length and a  34-degree increase in lash curl.

I have no idea where these numbers come from, nor can I say either way if they apply to my lashes or not. However, I do know that this mascara isn’t giving me my “longest, fullest lashes.” Guerlain’s Cils D’Enfer Maxi Lash still easily holds the record for adding in the most length and while I’m drawing a blank when it comes to volume (maybe Lancome’s Hypnose Drama), it’s not this mascara.

That’s not to say that this is a bad mascara, it’s just not the wow-factor product that Smashbox says it is. Instead, it’s a perfect day mascara. It adds visible curl, length and volume but at a level that doesn’t look fake or even like it’s the result of mascara.

One thing I really like about this mascara is that it doesn’t leave my lashes feeling or looking stiff or brittle. Instead my lashes look soft, supple and like I might have just lucked out in the lashes lottery.

I also love that this claim is actually true: “No clumps, no flakes.” Yep, those are some big claims but they’re accurate. Okay, there has been the occasional clump but the vast majority of the time, I can apply this product and the resulted are enhanced lashes that are nicely separated and yep, clump free.

And once this mascara is on, it’s on. There’s no flaking or smudging, even with my frequent eye touching.

Sephora.ca charges $22 for this mascara, a price I think is far as long as you understand what you’re getting in this product: A solid, easy-to-apply mascara that’s perfect for wearing to the office.

Would I buy this product: Maybe. I like it but I don’t love it. However, if it was on sale…

Should you buy this product: If you’re looking for a durable, daytime mascara that’s a breeze to apply, check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment