Friday, April 4, 2014

Trind Caring Color Nail Polish

A few weeks ago I was contacted by ObsessedCanada.com, an online seller of all things beauty-related, and asked if I would like to free out two complementary bottles of Trind Caring Color nail polish, a European brand that the e-retailer recently started carrying. Being a sucker for free stuff, I of course said yes (but don't worry, free stuff never clouds my judgement).

I picked these two shades: Dark Sangria and Taupe. I went with them because they aren’t like anything I currently own and I’m getting something for free, I figure that I might as while go with something a bit crazy (taupe is crazy for me, I never buy neutral nail colours).

When the polishes arrived, the taupe looked pretty much like I thought it would but the Dark Sangria was much darker than I was expecting. So I decided to try it out on my toes.

The colour actually went on a touch lighter than I thought it would and allowed plenty of the “sangria” part of it to come through. The end result was great though a bit intense for the springtime wear on my fingers. However, on my toes it worked perfectly.

The consistency of this polish is also perfect. It’s not too thin, not too thick and goes on easily and smoothly. Two coats, with an few touch-ups here and there, were all I need to get great, solid coverage that resulted in shiny, consistent colour.

Also great is the packaging. OK, yes, it’s plastic but it’s sturdy. I didn’t think that I’d like the long handle on the brush but it’s actually quite comfortable to hold and use.

Unfortunately, while this polish has a lot going for it, it doesn’t have the greatest staying power. After just a few days on my toes it started to chip. The chips were small and right along the edge of my nail; on some toes I could have simply cut or filed away the exposed nail. But still, they were there.

According to the product write-up, these polishes are made with a “high-tech innovative formulation” that “optimize(s) adhesion of polish to prolong the life of your manicure.” I didn’t find that. But I do agree that this formula “creates a beautiful sheen.”

That special formula also “contains active ingredients that strengthen and improve the overall condition of the nail.” Since I only used these polishes once on my toes and once on my fingers, I can’t comment on that claim other than to say I didn’t notice a positive or a negative change in the condition of my nails.

As the “Caring Colors” name suggests, Trind is all about improving nail health, something that is ideally achieved by using a Caring Color polish in combination with Trind’s base and top coats. Since I didn’t have any of the treatments, I couldn’t fully test out Trind’s nail-health improving qualities. But I was happy to see that Trind’s products contain no toluene, DBP or added formaldehyde.

While being a “healthy” nail colour is hardly a new angle, Trind is one of the few healthy nail lines that also offers tons and tons of colours. Everything from your usual neutrals to bright blues are available, as are shimmer shades.

Trind_Caring_Color_Taupe_Deep_Sangria

The company also offers several nail and cuticle treatments, some of which ObessesedCanada.com has bundled into money saving kits.

Would I buy this product: While it’s not at the top of my list, I wouldn’t rule out picking up a bottle of Trind Caring Colour if the shade was right. And yes, I would consider getting it from ObssessedCanada.com since there’s free shipping (with no minimum) and the service seems friendly.

Should you buy this product: If you’re someone who’s always changing up their nail colour and/or has weak or damaged nails, you should check this line out.

No comments:

Post a Comment