Friday, May 16, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel_Stay_Matte_Liquid_Mousse_Foundation
A couple weeks ago, my latest copy of Fashion magazine arrived with a nice surprise inside: A sample of Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. A even nicer surprise? I was able to get three wears out of the package.

According to Rimmel, “Shine has met its matte” with this product that supposedly “delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish.” As someone who loves a matte face, I was curious to see whether or not this product could meet my standards. And within minutes I had my answer: No.

Despite this product’s emphasis on mattifying it actually left my skin with a visible glow. Maybe that’s what meant by “a natural looking matte finish?” It certainly did look natural, and actually quite flattering, but it wasn’t matte. Thankfully, a bit of loose powder toned down that glow.

I have yet to find a foundation that truly delivers “all day shine control” (meaning my face at 5 pm doesn’t look at shinier than it did when I first applied my foundation at 9 am) and sadly, that trend continues with this item. While my face did stay fairly matte for most of the day, shine started to slowly but steadily become visible starting in the late morning. Rimmel also says that this foundation “minimizes the appearance of pores” and yeah, I’ll give the company that. It didn’t make my pores vanish but it did visibly reduce their appearance.

While reducing shine is this product’s main selling feature, Rimmel is also pushing how “light weight” this foundation is. It describes this item as having “an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy.” That I completely agree with. While this foundation provides medium-range coverage, meaning it does cover up redness and minor blemishes, it feels like you’re wearing nothing. It also blends easy and nicely, with a sponge, a brush or even just your fingers.

The packaging that this product comes in is nothing special but it’s functional and keeps its contents clean and protected from everything from bacteria to air. This simple packaging helps to keep this foundation’s price low: It’s under $10. It’s also available in eight colours. My free sample came in ivory, which worked quite nicely on my pale, pasty skin.

Would I buy this product: No. Any matte foundation of mine is going to be matte, no glow, even a natural one, allowed.

Should you buy this product: If you’re looking for an affordable, easy-to-wear foundation that manages to be both lightweight and provide medium-coverage then yes, check this product. Just don’t expect a shine-free face.
of Rimmel’s new

No comments:

Post a Comment