Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H

My May 2014 Topbox came with a bit of a twist: A small, empty jar and a slip of paper that told me to head to the Hudson Bay for my free, 10-day sample of Lancome foundation. While this approach to disturbing beauty samples kind of sucks if you live out in rural Canada, it was fine for me, someone who lives near several Bays.

I ended up stopping by the Sherway Gardens Bay and there a friendly Lancome seller asked me what I look for in a foundation. When I told her I like coverage and a matte look, she recommended Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra 24H and then picked the first shade for me (it’s, surprise, ivory). 

According to Lancome, this product is “a new idol of lasting perfection” that delivers “all-day flawless complexion” and “a shine-free and retouch-free complexion.” It does this by using “10 years of research” and a special polymer that “increase the feeling of freshness and comfort when applied.”

I don’t know about “freshness” but this is a very light-feeling and yes, even comfortable foundation. It’s not at all heavy or mask-like and I can see it appealing to those who want to use a foundation but not look, or feel, like they’re wearing makeup.

But this lightness has a downside: It just doesn’t deliver a “flawless complexion.” Instead this foundation is good at evening out skin cover, quieting redness and blurring mild blemishes. If you need anything more than that, well, you’re out of luck with this product.

Besides not liking the coverage that this foundation provided, I’m also not a fan of the texture. It’s quite liquid-y and thin and a bit messy to apply. Thankfully, this product does dry quite quickly and once it’s on, it feels quite nice.

And while it might not cover blemishes, it does do a reasonable job at giving me a shine-free face. OK, the results aren’t quite “retouch-free” and they certainly don’t last 24 hours, they do stick around for at least the morning, sometimes longer, if the day’s not too humid.

This foundation is available in 28 shades and mine, ivory, does match my skin quite nicely. It’s also on the pricey side, running just over $50 a bottle, but for that price you’ll get a sleek pump bottle that’ll protect your foundation from air, bacteria and dirt.

Would I buy this product: No, it’s not for me.

Should you buy this product: Maybe; it just depends on how you like your foundation. Thankfully, it’s easy to try this product out; just stop by the Bay or Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment