Wednesday, November 12, 2014

REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial

One of the free samples I recently received from Sephora was REN's Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial. I've enjoyed some of REN's other products so I had high hopes for this one, which promises to, "Reduces the appearance of lines, imperfections and photo-ageing. Tones, firms and banishes urban grey." (I don't know what "urban grey" is but it sounds like something that you don't want.)

This "transforming treatment" works like this: First you apply this somewhat smelly liquid to your clean face and then, with wet finger tips, you massage the product into your skin. The water is supposed to activate the Vitamin C contained in this serum and should leave you with, "Skin (that) instantly looks and feels re-energised, re-awakened."

I followed the product's instructions while in the shower and my first thought upon rinsing it off was that my skin only felt a touch softer. Then I walked out of the shower and as soon as the non-humid air hit my face my skin actually stung a bit.

It was just for a few seconds and there was no redness or any other irritation. Instead, my skin looked brighter, cleaner and yes, even radiant. REN says that this product will leave, "...skin looking firm, toned and smoothed, while reducing the signs of fatigue, photo-ageing and skin imperfections." I mostly agree with these claims as this product did leave my skin looking great except for one notable detail: It left me with several dry, flakey spots.

Initially this annoyed me and I felt disappointed by the product.  But then I coated my face in moisturizer and went to bed. In the morning, the dry spots were gone but not the other results of this product. My skin still looked "...revitalizes and visibly rejuvenates..."

I find that a lot of face masks (which this product essentially is) just take off some of the very top layer of skin while softening one's face for manual extractions. But this product goes beyond that. My skin looked and felt like it had had an acid peel. Clogged pores were actually cleaned out and my skin just looked and felt so clean.

REN recommends that people with sensitive skin not use this product and I think that's good advice. The company also says that this product can be used once every three days. That's an idea that I'm skeptical about as this seems to be a pretty powerful product. Even once a week might be a bit much. But twice or even three times a month? I think that a recipe for some amazing skin.

That frequency will also let you stretch out this product's lifespan because at $58, it's not cheap. But I think it's worth it.

Will I buy this product: Yes! Actually, I'm going to ask for it for Christmas but if I don't get it then, I'm be picking it up myself.

Should you buy this product: If you have sensitive or dry skin, skip it, it's just too powerful. But everyone else should look into picking this item up.




No comments:

Post a Comment