Monday, July 20, 2015

THEFACESHOP Paraffin Nutrition Nail Pack

I'm a big fan of face masks and recently discovered foot masks so I guess it makes sense that I'm now trying out a hand mask. Made by THEFACESHOP (the same company that makes the foot mask), the Paraffin Nutrition Nail Pack* is, "An easy to use fingernail care pack that provides concentrated care on the fingernail and cuticle." I have no idea what exactly "concentrated care" means as THEFACESHOP doesn't elaborate. If I have one primary recommendation for THEFACESHOP, it's that it could beef up its English copy.

This product is packaged in two halves, one for the left hand and one for the right. Based on the instructions, I was excepting that this mask would consist of two fabric "gloves," similar to the foot mask. Instead, I discovered that each half contained five fabric finger tips (one is slightly bigger than all of the others; it's for your thumb).

According to THEFACESHOP this format supposedly results in "a simple portable nail care that you can do anywhere at anytime" and is "the one and only nail pack in the world that is a finger care product which concentrates only on the fingernail and cuticle." Technically, this product is quite portable and it's not complicated to use but still, it has its challenges.

Applying the tips starts off easy but of course gets harder as you end up having to apply them with mask-covered fingers. Then, once they were on, I couldn't do much for the recommended 10-15 minutes of soaking time. In other words, this isn't really a product "that you can do anywhere at anytime." But at least this wasn't a messy product. While the fabric is well saturated in some kind of liquid, it didn't drip and actually felt quite refreshing on my fingers.


After the 15 minutes were up, I removed the fingertips and as per the instructions, massaged the remaining liquid into my nails and cuticles. Then I evaluated the results.

Now, maybe the real reason for this product's poor description is because it doesn't do much other than feel nice on. While my cuticles did look and feel more hydrated immediately following the removal of the mask, that sensation soon faded and my cuticles were back to normal. As for my nails, they didn't look or feel any different. My fingers did smell nice though; a pleasant, almost floral scent.

Like most of THEFACESHOP's products, this one is pretty affordable, coming in at around $4. It also only available at THEFACESHOP, which is expanding across Canada.

*Please note that THEFACESHOP gave me this product for free.

Would I buy this product: No because I didn't really notice a difference when I used this item.

Should you buy this product: The price is low enough that this is one of those products that you afford to try just for fun. If you do, maybe you'll have a better experience with it than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment