Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Avon Anew Power Serum

I've always been skeptical of serums. I see how they could work, providing an extra and/or targeted boost to one's skincare routine, but personally, I haven't had a lot of success with them. Still, I approached Avon's latest serum with an open, and hopeful mind. After all, if it did deliver the results that it claimed it would hydration, smooth texture, radiance, firmness and finally, lines and wrinkles that looked diminished   it would be a product that I would happily incorporate into my routine.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any positive differences while using this product. It anything, my fine lines were a bit more obvious. Since diminishing their appearance would likely be the result of increased hydration levels in my skin, I can only theorize that this product didn't deliver the hydration that it claimed it would.

But that's just what I observed. According to Avon this product, "...has been shown to maximize the performance of your current anti-aging regimen," well, at least amongst those who, "...expressed an opinion in a consumer-perception study."

I did follow Avon's instructions on how to use this product. It states that while you can use the serum on its own, it works best if you use it twice a day (morning and night) under a moisturizer. I did that, using it under a basic Nivea cream, a product that on its own was giving me positive results. But when I paired it with the Nivea product, the results were at best, "meh," and didn't match the fantastic results that NeoStrata Moisture Infusion Hydrating Cream gave me.

It did however absorb quickly and cleanly and didn't irritate my skin. At best, it provided a bit of extra hydration and at worse, it was just a pointless, but harmless, product.

This serum runs $40 and for that rather high price, you do get fancy-looking packaging that features a pump bottle, which is the way this item should be packaged. So there, I guess that's another benefit of this product.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: I certainly wouldn't recommend that you track down an Avon rep to pick up this product. But if for some reason, a bottle ends up in your hands, give it a shot; maybe it'll work better for you than it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment