Friday, March 18, 2016

My March 2016 Topbox & Glam Box

Not bad Topbox, not bad at all. Featuring two full-sized products, two of which are makeup or makeup-like items, this box gets an above average rating from me. Sure, there's only one new brand to discover  (POP Beauty) but there's also one high-end brand that I'm happy to see again (Mèreadesso). And while it's not a well-rounded box, it is makeup heavy, which is what I prefer.

Here's what I received this month from Topbox:

  • Mèreadesso Tinted All-In-One Moisturizer (7 ml)
  • MaskerAide All Eyes On Me Hydrating Eye Gel Patches (1 pair)
  • Nova Scotia Fisherman eXtreme Skin Care Fisher-mint Lip Balm (full-size)
  • POP Beauty Pure Pigment in Metallic Charcoal

While I'm looking forward to using all four of these items, I'm most intrigued by the tinted moisturizer. Besides being a product that I'll actually use, it's by Mèreadesso, a brand known for creating luxe items. I think I'll try it this weekend.

Next week I'll likely try the eye mask. I'm headed on my first airplane trip with Baby in two Saturdays and it would be nice to give my fellow passengers the illusion that I'm well rested and have an angel child (she's a pretty good baby but not quite an angel).

I'm not sure when I'll test out the Pure Pigment. Described as a "concentrated pigment powder" that's intended to be used "to add a shot of pure colour to your favourite features," it's an interesting product though not one that I'll frequently be turning to. And while I love the colour, Metallic Charcoal isn't the most practical or versatile shade out there. Still, I am curious to try it out.

As for the lip balm, I'll be tucking it away until I finish the current two lip balms that I have on the go. And by "finish" I mean lose, which means I'll likely be trying this new balm out sometime in April.

My monthly Topbox subscription wasn't the only item that I received today. I also got my latest Glam Box. Glam Box is a new initiative from Topbox that sends "influential" subscribers like me free goodies to try out. This time around my Glam Box features Dove's new Regenerative Nourishment line.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be testing out this line's shampoo, conditioner and leave-in serum treatment. This will be the third new shampoo/conditioner/leave-in set that I've tried out since, oh, December and I'm curious to see how the Dove products stack up against the lines I've tried recently from Tresemmé and L'Oreal. But based on my past positive experience with Dove shampoo, I'm expecting positive things.

No comments:

Post a Comment