Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pūr~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30 Review

This week on the blog we're looking at one disappointing product and one great one made by Pūr~lisse, a US beauty company that combines "authentic time-tested Asian beauty wisdom with advance French cosmeceuticals." While I was not impressed by the company's Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum, I love its BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30.

First off, it's a daytime product that contains actual SPF 30. Hallelujah! Because of that, Pūr~lisse's claim that this product "reduces fine lines and wrinkles" actually has some truth to it.

Pūr~lisse boasts that this BB cream provides "skin perfecting color" and that it has "flawless" coverage that results in a "gorgeous" complexion. I always chuckle whenever I see a BB cream make claims like that because one of the defining features of a BB cream is that it provides lightweight coverage. Unless you already have near-perfect skin, no BB cream is going to give you "flawless" skin.

But Pūr~lisse's BB cream comes pretty close. Its coverage is noticeably heavier than other BB creams and for me, this is only a good thing. Lately I've been plagued by blemishes and while this product didn't make all of them disappear, it did a fantastic job at minimizing them, leaving me with skin that I dare say did look gorgeous.  

And this product keeps getting better. Made with the company's "exclusive Asian Herb extracts complex" as well as chamomile and Artemisia, which "soothes skin," and sugar maple, which "improves skin's appearance and retains moisture," this product is also an "antioxidant rich moisturizer." While I don't know if it actually improved the health of my skin, it certainly left my skin feeling and looking soft and hydrated.

However, this BB cream does have one flaw, for me anyway. Pūr~lisse says that this product creates a complexion that is "glowing," "radiant" and "natural." I agree with all of that and that's my problem. I don't want my skin to glow or radiate; I want it to be flat, matte and shine-free. If there was a matte version of this product, I'd have already snapped up a full-size tube. Unfortunately, since there isn't, I'll be sticking with Garnier's BB cream for those of us whose skin is naturally shiny.

Like most BB creams, this one is a breeze to apply and doesn't even require a mirror. It has a smooth, liquid texture that isn't drippy. It also has minimal scent and is free of "parabens, petrochemicals, fragrance, oil, phthalates, animal by-products, triclosan."

Pūr~lisse offers this product in two shades, a light one that works perfectly on my pasty skin and a medium shade, that is a bit darker. It retails for $32 USD, which isn't cheap but I think it's worth it. The packaging is simple, just your basic squeeze tube, but it works.

Would I buy this product: No but only because it's finish is too dewy for my taste.

Should you buy this product: If you like your skin to have a glow-y look to it, then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment