Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Harvey Prince Organics Keravegan Hair Masque Review

My hair is normally fairly shiny and manageable (though it does suffer from split-ends) and I like to that those qualities are purely genetic. But then I use a product like Harvey Prince Organics Keravegan Hair Masque and I'm reminded that actually, the right products play a big role in giving me great hair.

Unfortunately, this mask is not one of those products. According to Harvey Prince, this "...hair smoothing therapy" "...moisturizes and softens your hair, bringing out its natural brilliance from root to tip." It's made with "...the best organic argan, coconut and sweet almond oils" and "blended with Shea Butter, Papaya, Lemon and Mandarin extracts" and is sulfate and paraben free.

While I always left the mask on for the recommended three-five minutes, I did use it a couple different ways. A couple of times I used it after I shampooed my hair, meaning I skipped the conditioner. Another time, I used it after shampoo and conditioner. And every time I skipped my usual leave-in serum step, in order to better see if this mask was actually doing anything for me.

The first scenario left me with hair that while manageable and soft, wasn't its usual shiny self. It actually looked a bit drab. Using the mask after a conditioner did result in some shine coming back but my hair still wasn't as shiny as when I used a leave-in serum.

All of this leads me to conclude that this masque didn't do much for my hair and that I was better off sticking to my usual routine. I believe that a hair mask should visibly enhance my hair while also replacing one product in my routine and that isn't what I experienced with this product.

It's really too bad that this item didn't do more for my hair because on paper, it's a great product. Harvey Prince is a US brand that started off as an organic fragrance company that has branched out into body products. The company doesn't use harsh chemicals and is vegan and cruelty-free. All products are also made in the US.

Given Harvey Prince's focus on fragrances, it's no surprise that the mask has a noticeable scent. But while most hair masques smell flowery or herbal-y (the "spa" scent) this one smells nutty and musky. I know that sounds weird and it's definitely an unusual scent but I like it.

A 236ml container of the mask retails for $24, which would be a very reasonable price for this item, if it worked. The packaging is a basic open-mouth jar; it's simple but it's appropriate for the product and most importably, it does work.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No but it might be worth your time to check out Harvey Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment