Friday, December 2, 2016

CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion Review

For the past few weeks, CeraVe's PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion has been my go-to night moisturizer. Based on this Beautypedia review, I had really high hopes for this product. Unfortunately, it didn't quite deliver.

This "lightweight formula" uses ceramides and hyaluronic acid "...to moisturize and help replenish the skin's natural protective barrier." According to CeraVa, it contains a special "technology" that results in "controlled release for 24 hour hydration." It also contains niacinamide to control redness.

I don't have a problem with redness so I can't comment on that but I do have an issue with re-occurring dry patches on my nose. Those flakey patches existed before I used this lotion and despite a routine that featured this item at night,  Dr. Roebuck's Pure by day and Aveda's Tulasāra Firm Concentrate serum under both products, I am still dealing with these patches.

So this product didn't have the hydration punch that my nose skin needs. But, it did do a great job on the rest of my face. Other than my nose, my face looks healthy, happy and bright. And all of my face, even my nose, feels soft and smooth.

This is indeed a lightweight product that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave behind any kind of shine or residue. Matching the texture is the scent, which is very light and quickly dissipated.

This lotion retails for around $14, which is a very appropriate price. Even better than the price is the packaging. The plastic pump bottle is nothing pretty but it is very practical and efficient; all moisturizers should be packaged like this.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product:
Just like with Dr. Roebuck's Pure, this product is a good one if you have the appropriate skin type. If, like me, you have ongoing issues with patches of flakey, dry skin, I would skip this lotion. But if your skin is in better shape, you may want to try this item out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment