Thursday, February 16, 2017

My February 2017 Topbox

I received this box this morning, just a few hours after I read my sneak peek email and now, several more hours later, I'm still not sure what I think of this month's box. I know I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I'll use almost all of the items I was sent and I'm looking forward to trying them out but still, I'm not exactly excited about this month's contents. Here's what they are:
  • LARITZY Cosmetics Pro Blender (full size)
  • Bella Aura Skincare Daily Repair Moisturizer (10 ml)
  • Smashbox Cover Shot Palette in Golden Hour (Paper sample)
  • Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Dream Huge (4 ml)
  • Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Concealer Eye Brush 211 (full size)
I was actually planning on buying a new beauty blender this month so the one in this box is perfectly timed. But while I need this product and I have high hopes for it, it's still just a beauty blender.

And the moisturizer is just that, a moisturizer, useful but not very fun. I wish the sample size was larger I doubt that I'll get even five days worth of use out of this tubebut I am curious to try it out.

I'm also curious about the Smashbox eyeshadow. I've used their eyeshadows before and while I loved the colours, I wasn't impressed with their staying powers. Maybe that's changed? Again, I wish this sample size was bigger but I'll make do with what I was given, especially since I quite like the colour palette I was sent.

I also love the shade of lipstick that I received. It's very wearable and I know that it will look great on me. But, like the eyeshadow, I wonder about how well it will stay in place. I also don't need another lip product, though I will enjoy trying this item out.

Finally there's the concealer brush. This is the one item that I don't think I'll be using because I don't need it. I already have a similar brush from Make Up For Ever's gorgeous Artisan brush line and I really doubt that this new one would be superior to it. Instead, maybe I'll toss it up on Bunz for a trade.

Speaking of that Bunz, I just realized that I really should write up a post about my profile and the various goodies I have available for trading. Maybe next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment