Friday, April 21, 2017

My April 2017 Topbox

I usually receive my Topbox on the same day as the sneak peek email but because of the Easter long weekend this month the email appeared days before my packaged arrived. I was thrilled to see the first item listed in the email, the Cake product, as it's one I've been wanting to try. But then as I kept reading I felt disappointed; two of the items were things I'd previously received and the fourth was a lip liner.

So when my box showed up on Tuesday, I wasn't feeling too excited about it. But it turned out that Topbox had a couple of nice little surprises for me. Here's what I received:

  • Cake ‘Do Gooder Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray (30 g)
  • LARITZY Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Retro Red (full size)
  • POP Beauty Pure Pigment in Matte (full size)
  • Revlon Professional UniqOne All in One Coconut Hair Treatment  (9 ml)
  • Garnier Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask (1 mask)
  • L'Oreal Hydra Genius Normal to Oily Skin (2 x 1.5 ml) 
Those last two products weren't listed on my email and their inclusion took my April Topbox from "blah" to "wonderful." I'm actually really excited about both items and looking forward to trying them out. But while I'd love to start using the L'Oreal moisturizer now, I'm going to wait until the weather gets more humid so that I can get the most bang for my samples. As for the mask, I'm saving it until just before a big weekend out at a friend's wedding.

And it turns out that the rest of the box is pretty good. Sure, I already have a vial of POP Beauty Pure Pigment and yeah, I haven't used that item yet, but this time I received this product in an easy-to-wear coppery-peachy colour. I will definitely use this item and sooner rather than later.

I'll also be using the Cake dry shampoo spray soon. I love Cake's dry shampoo powder and I have high hopes for this product.

I've previously received the original version of Revlon's UniqOne hair treatment. This time I was sent the line's new coconut version and while I hate the taste of coconut, I'm happy to use it on my hair. I'm actually in need of a new leave-in product so this item's arrival was nicely timed.

 Finally there's that lip pencil. The colour's not bad but it's quite similar to one I already have. I think this product's going to end up on BUNZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment