Friday, December 9, 2016

Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum Review

Dove's Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum is part of that beauty brand's latest three-step system to hydrate and tame wavy and curly hair. On Tuesday, I reviewed the first two parts of the systems, the shampoo and the conditioner, and today it's time to look at the third and final part: The leave-in "crème serum."

As I mentioned on Tuesday, I don't have curly or particularly wavy hair, so I can't comment on whether or not this product, "helps give natural curls 4X more definition" or if it, "leaves curls touchably soft and amazingly strong against breakage." But I can comment on whether or not this "...nourishing ‘on-the-go’ leave-in treatment with a creamy formula.." left my hair soft, shiny, manageable and frizz-free.

In addition to using this product with the Quench Absolute shampoo and conditioner, I also used it with a couple of non-Dove products. I found that regardless of what shampoo and conditioner I paired it with, the results were always the same. My hair was manageable, soft and shiny, though not as shiny as it's been in the past.

Unfortunately, the serum didn't have much impact on my hair's frizz levels. While my deluxe samples only got me a few shampoo and conditioner uses, I've been able to use my serum sample for over two weeks. I feel that should be plenty of time to pack my hair with frizz-fighting hydration. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Was it because I was using it on straight hair? Or because I wasn't always using it as part of three-step systems?

To be clear, this product didn't worsen my frizz and it was definitely better than nothing, but it was no Orofluido Beauty Elixir. I'm currently still using the serum and while my hair looks fairly healthy and happy, it could, and has, looked better.

I do though like that this product has never left my hair greasy, heavy or otherwise gross, even when I used a loonie-sized drop of it.

Apparently you can use this serum on dry hair, " ...for a boost of nourishment." Since that doesn't say "eliminates frizz" to me, I didn't check out this option. But I can see how it could be useful for someone with dry curls.

This product retails for around $8 and is packaged in a pump-style bottle that does the job.

Would I buy this product: No, it just didn't tame my frizzies enough.

Should you buy this product: If you have wavy or curly hair, give it a shot, it might work better for you than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment