Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 Products to Never User

I’m signed up to receive newsletters from Paula Begoun, aka the Costmetics Cop, who’s a leading expert on what makes for a good beauty product.

In her latest newsletter, she highlights five products that you should never buy because they irritate skin. I figured I’d share them with you:


  • Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($10.49 for 14 strips)
  • L'Oreal Collagen Remodeler Contouring Moisturizer for Face & Neck SPF 15 ($19.99 for 1.7 ounces)
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash ($6.89 for 6 ounces)
  • Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream ($4.50 for 10.75 ounces)
  • Sea Breeze Original Formula Astringent ($5.29 for 10 ounces)

Of these items, I’ve only ever used the Biore strips. While I do know that some people love these things, I’ve never had a positive experience with them (one time I left the strip on a bit too long and it ripped the top layer of skin off).

If you want to find out exactly why Paula frowns on these items, you need to head over to her site Beautypedia.com. Normally you need a subscription to fully use the site but for January and February, the site is free. I wish I’d found out about that offer earlier! I used to be a member and Paula really does put together some useful reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment