Tuesday, April 24, 2012

eos Smooth Sphere lip balm


How do you know when you’ve got a winning lip balm? When you don’t have to use it every other hour.

And that’s exactly the case with eos’ Smooth Sphere lip balm, my new favourite lip moisturizing product. You use it once in the morning and then you’re good until late afternoon, maybe even longer.

This product claims that its blend of vitamin E, Shea butter and jojoba oil. “…keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth” and that’s exactly what it does. I have tried dozens and dozens of lip balms, from mass market to farmers’ market lines, and without a doubt this is the best lip balm I've come across because it actually works.

This product comes in six, lightly-scented flavours that are all shine free. Unfortunately, only one flavour has SPF but four of the others, including the one I currently own, summer fruit, are 95% USDA-certified organic and contain no parabens, phthalates or petrolatum (the sixth flavour is a medicated one that contains zinc to help fight bacteria).

One aspect of this product that I do have mixed feelings about is the eye-catching, egg-shaped package. It’s definitely different and fun and because it’s on the big side, it’s easier to find in a messy that your usual, tube lip balm. However, that same larger-than-usual size means that it’s also too big to fit inside a pant or even coat pocket.

Thankfully, doing research for this post taught me that eos now also sells tube-style lip balm. I’m going to have to keep an eye out for those.

Would I buy this product in the future? Oh yes, this item is now on my must-own list.

Should buy this product? It’s a lip balm that actually works so yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment