Friday, June 1, 2012

My May Luxe Box

I have to admit that I was rather worried about what my May Luxe Box would contain. I’d been watching the reviews posted by other subscribers over on Facebook and it seemed that this month you either got a great box or you got a crappy one.

Thankfully, my box ended up being in the former group because it contained:
  • Essie Nail Polish in Navigate Her (Full-size)
  • Orlane Oligo Vitalizing Scrub (7 ml)
  • Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask
  • Paco Rabanne Black XS L’exces for Her (small sample size)
  • Paco Rabanne Black XS  for Him (small sample size)
Everyone also received a bonus bath and body box that had a Gillette five-blade Venus razor, a 7 ml tube of Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex and a coupon for $20 off over by Panty by Post.

This bonus box really put things into the great category. Sure, the Olay face cream isn’t really for me (though I’ll likely use it anyways) but a razor is always a great and very useful item.

As for the items in my regular box, I’m most excited about the Orlane face scrub. It’s not a product that I’m at all familiar with but it looks quite good.

I wasn’t too impressed with my last Essie polish but maybe I ended up with a bad bottle because everyone else raves about it. The colour I received this time is a bit of an odd shade of green but it doesn’t look too bad on.

The last things I need are more perfume samples or another hair mask however, these are all samples that I will use and I’ve heard great things about the Moroccanoil mask so I’m quite happy that it showed up in my box.

While I am quite pleased with this month’s box, the fact that box quality can vary so greatly is a concern for me. June will mark my half-year anniversary with Luxe Box and once I see what that box contains, I think I’m going to take a hard look at what I’ve received so far compared to what other beauty subscriptions offer.

I can’t imagine cancelling my current one-year subscription to Luxe Box but to be completely honest, at this point in time I’m not sure that I will renew it (especially if there aren’t any more special events). I need to do some assessing first.  

(Oh, and if you're wondering, the reason why you're seeing my May Luxe Box review in June is because the box didn't arrive until Tuesday and then it spent the day at the post office until I could pick it up on Wednesday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment