Friday, July 6, 2012

What To Do This Saturday: Locals Only

I know that a free Saturday night in July is a rare thing but if you happen to have part of this Saturday night open and you’re looking for something fun, check out Locals Only, which describes itself as a “festival of food, music and art.”

What caught my eye about this event is that it’s combining a bunch of different things into one night. There will be bands and DJs performing, an art exhibit, with some kind of fashion component I believe, food trucks and even a magician.

Oh, and yes, there will be booze (one of the main sponsors is Tag vodka so here’s to hoping there will be some tasty and cheap vodka drinks available).

As someone who gets bored easy, and doesn't understand why more music venues don't sell food, I really, really like this idea of a jam-packed night that involves multiple disciplines.

One of the bands performing is one my local favourites, Nightbox, but most of the bands and DJs are people I’ve never seen live so I’m excited to discover some new music.


I’m also really looking forward to stuffing my face with food from Bonfire Catering, Gourmet Bitches and Food Cabbie.

Locals Only runs from 2 pm-2 am at the Amsterdam Brewery (21 Bathurst St.), a venue I’ve never been to so I’m also excited to check that out.

Tickets are $15 in advance from this site and $20 at the door. For more details check out the Locals Only Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment