Saturday, August 18, 2012

Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser


So according to Sephora, this cleanser from Jack Black is a guys’ face wash. I only learned this after I finished off the deluxe-size sample I found hiding under the sink (no, I no clue where it came from).

But really, who cares if a product is meant for a guy as long as it works, right? And this cleanser, which bills itself as a, “unique 2-in-1 facial cleanser and toner” is pretty good.  According to its packaging claims, it, “…removes deep-down dirt and oil for clear, smooth, shave-ready skin” (I guess that last part should have been a tip-off that this cleanser was for men) and that it, “Leaves skin clean, hydrated and fresh” without over-drying it.

I found most of all of that to be true (minus the shaving part, which I couldn’t really test out). I do wish that this product was a bit better at cleaning out debris-packed pores but then I wish that of every cleanser.

In some ways this product reminds me of Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. The end results were quite similar and both products are very much aimed at people who have sensitive skin and/or want a “healthier” cleanser.

Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser is made with a slew of natural ingredients including witch hazel, aloe leaf, chamomile extract and sage left (the last two items are certified organic). Each of these items bring their own benefits and help make this cleanser ideal for some who gets the occasional pimple. It’s also alcohol, fragrance and colorants free and dermatologist tested.

Texture-wise, there’s not much to say about this cleanser. The packaging claims that it produces a “rich lather” but I didn’t notice that, it just felt like typical lather to me.

Would I buy this product:  While I did like this product, there’s just something about Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser that I like better. Plus the latter is cheaper and can be purchased at Shoppers.

Should you buy this product:  If you have a guy in your life who only wants to use “man products,” seriously consider picking this one up.  It works, the price ($20 for six ounces) isn’t bad and it comes in a manly blue bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment