Friday, August 24, 2012

The Bazaar Is Coming


A sparkly dress from Rac
I don’t generally post about clothes because I’m not a fashion girl. While I do have a knack for spotting specific pieces that fashionable people love, I suck at dressing myself. The combination of not having the funds to play the fashion game, having an awkward body (no, I really have just weird measurements) and just not getting how to pair things together means that too often I walk around in ill-fitting fast fashion that makes you say, “I see what you’re trying to do, but it’s not quite working.”

Despite all this, I am writing a fashion-centric post today because well, I think everyone, even us non-fashion people, need to hear about the 2012 fall edition of The Bazaar.

Launching on Thursday, September 6 (yes, the same night Fashion’s Night Out), this three-day event, curated by Toronto’s Rac Boutique, “…will bring together a wide array of Toronto retailers including: Gotstyle, Lab Consignment, Drake General Store, Psalms:911, Vocado, Elle Hardware, Woodlawn, Rescue Vintage, Robber, Philistine Vintage, Canon Blanc, Magic Pony, Chloe Comme Parris, Life of Manek, Foe & Dear, Love of Mine, Fischer Street, Muskox, OnlyOne Gallery, 69 Vintage, Travis Taddeo and The Cashmere Shop. Goods will include everything from jewellery to shoes to a wide array of clothing.”


So basically a bunch of city’s better clothing stores will be selling their wares all under the roof of the Burroughes Building (639 Queen St. W. 6th floor).

While I probably won’t be able to afford many of the things for sale, I think I'll still check it out because I know you can sometimes get a good deal at these pop-up events.

I’ll likely go on the Thursday night since the Bazaar seems like a low-bar way of participating in Fashion’s Night Out (meaning I won’t feel weird being there and not in heels). Plus Thursday night is also a bit of a party night at the Bazaar. There will be music, contests, PopChips, Vitamin Water and even “complimentary cocktails.” Yes, free booze.

It’s completely free to get into the Bazaar and on Thursday it’s open from 6 pm until 11 pm while on Friday and Saturday it runs from 11 am until 7 pm.

For more details, check out this press release.

If you do go, bring your MasterCard (it will get you deals on certain items) and let me know what you pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment