Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy, Busy Saturday

The first weekend of fall is a packed one due to a ton of great events happening around the city.
Below are a few things that I would like to check out on Saturday. Truth is that I’ll be lucky to make it out to one of these events but hey, maybe I’ll surprise myself.

Drake General Store Warehouse Sale – 442 Dufferin Street, Unit "S"
11 am – 5 on Saturday; noon – 4 pm on Sunday

“Salvaged furniture, curated curiosities + clothing up to 70% off,” says this event's Facebook invite. Sound good to me.

Of course, I don’t really need any more stuff right now so I don’t know if I’ll end up at this sale. Maybe I’ll go and get a head start on my Christmas shopping.

Dundas West Sidewalk Sale – Along Dundas, between Lansdowne and Shaw
11 am – 6 pm

Tons of local businesses (including OMG Bakery, Lost and Found and even music venue The Garrison) will be participating in the first annual Dundas West Sidewalk Sale, which promises, “amazing one-day sales.”

Again, I really don’t need anything but hey, this event happens to sit between my house and the next event so maybe I will end up taking in some of it.

Table d’OZ – Ossington Street
2 pm – 8 pm; event is free but the food will range from $2-$8

This event combines two wonderful things: Stuffing your face and raising money for a more-than-worthy charity (in this case, The Stop). Various Ossington restaurants (including The Lakeview, The SaintYours Truly and Hawker Bar) will be selling food and alcohol in the street festival-style fundraiser that also includes a 100-foot-long communal table (that’s the length of a blue whale).

If I could only pick one event to do this Saturday, it would be this one.

Smirnoff Red Door Party – The Madison

Doors @ 9 pm; invite-only

Since I was given an invite to this invite-only party, I feel like I should go and maybe I will, if I can convince Husband to come along with me. Though to be honest, I have a hard time picturing the Madison as a dance club (and according to Smirnoff's Facebook page, dance DJs will be there).

There’s also a ton of stuff happening on Sunday but for me, there’s just one event: Word on the Street, which once again is taking place at Queen’s Park Circle (11 am – 6pm). I have more than a couple magazines that I need to renew.

No comments:

Post a Comment