Sunday, September 23, 2012

Some Sites To Check Out...

From Fab.com
I have at least half-a-dozen product reviews to write up so of course I’m going to use today’s post to focus on websites.

First, I can’t believe I’ve never posted on here about Fab.com, one of the web’s best flash sale sites when it comes to quirky household items, original clothing and accessories and great gift ideas.

I've been a huge fan of Fab.com for some time now but always found it a bit of a pain to shop on because it used to only ship to American addresses, meaning I had to ship all of my purchases to my sister in New York.

Thankfully, this past summer saw Fab.com start shipping internationally, at least for a good number of products (some suppliers still only ship to the US :( ). While international shipping isn’t cheap, the low product prices tend to balance everything out. Plus, Fab.com does an amazing job at keeping you up-to-date on the status of your package and does impressive things like give you a $5 credit because your product’s shipping a few days late (I’ve also gotten credits just because Fab.com likes me/is smart enough to know that sometimes $5 in free money is exactly the push you need to make a purchase).

Joining Fab.com is free and necessary if you want to see all of the great products they have for sale.

Next up, Sindulge.com, a new beauty box subscription that’s launching in October. Yes, I know that there are a million-and-a-half other beauty box subscriptions out there but this is the only one that claims to be cruelty free (so it won’t include products that have been tested on animals). Beyond that, details are minimal though Sindulge’s Facebook page does highlight some of the brands they will be carrying.


Sindulge is a US-based company, something that I think could be good (access to a wider variety of brands/products) and could be bad (shipping). While I don’t have plans to join it yet, I will be keeping an eye on what this company includes in its boxes.

Speaking of beauty box subscriptions, if you have one, you might want to join the Canada Beauty Box Trade group on Facebook.

As the name suggests, it’s a place where Canadians can swap beauty product (mostly deluxe, beauty-box issued samples but full-size products are fine too). I’m a member though I haven’t swapped anything yet in part because I already got rid of a lot of the samples that I didn’t want. But I’m sure that sooner rather than later, I’ll have some stuff worth swapping (and yes, I’ll be sure to post those items on here as well).

Happy shopping/swapping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment