Saturday, December 8, 2012

Three Things To Do Next Week


Next week is another busy one here in Toronto. Below are two events perfect for anyone who loves a deal and/or still has some Christmas shopping to do while the last one is for everyone who wants to get into the holiday spirit and raise some money for a good cause.

The Peacock Parade Pop-up Inventory Blowout
Tuesday, December 11, 4 pm – 9 pm
Alison Milne Gallery, 198 Walnut Avenue, Unit 3
$5; purchase tickets in advance from here
I am tempted to somehow fit this event between work and the Japandriods show that I'm going to later on. The Peacock Parade sells some amazing pieces at amazing prices but I've never bought anything from the site because of its no-returns policy. This sale would finally let me take advantage of some of The Peacock Parade’s impressive deals, like this $325 dress on sale for $39.


LoRo Block Party

Thursday, December 13, 7 pm – 10 pm
Roncesvalles, south of Galley Avenue
Free
I'm 99.9% that I’ll be going to this since it is in my neighbourhood.  A number of stores, including SOHO Art & Custom Framing, Hawk Eyes and Planet Kid will be open late and will be offering specials, raffles and more.



HoHoTo

Thursday, December 13, doors at 7 pm 
Mod Club, 722 College Street
$40 in advance from here
Last year I volunteered at this great event that raises money for the Daily Bread Food Bank. I can’t make it out this year but hopefully a few of you can. While this event is all about raising money for a very serious cause, HoHoTo itself is a fun time, packed with lots of people, danceable music and some pretty impressive raffle prizes.


No comments:

Post a Comment