Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Spring Luxe Box


My spring Luxe Box, which arrived on Wednesday, can be summed up in one word: Practical. Every item in this box is something I will use and the majority of them are actually products that I need.
While this definitely isn't the sexiest or sparkly-est Luxe Box I've ever received, it does easily pay for itself. Here’s a look at what I received:

  • Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer (6 ml)
  • Lancome Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate  (8 ml)
  • Kérastase’s Bain Chroma Captive Shampoo (30 ml)*
  • L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream (10 ml)*
  • Marni Eau de Parfume (7 ml)
  • B. Karmins Lip Balm (4 ml)*
  • Beauty blender*

Any starred items are ones that I needed so, as you can see, this really is a practical box, even if it’s not that fun. Okay, the Marni perfume is kind of fun. It’s a bold, wood-sy scent that’s unlike any fragrance I currently own and right now, it’s my favourite item from this box (but I have high hopes for the lip balm).

Loose Button did a couple of different things with this box. First, it partnered with the CBC TV show  Steven and Chris. Part of this partnership involved various sneak peeks at the contents of the spring boxes and that’s how I found out that one of the items I could have received is Moroccanoil’s Body Buff. Sadly I didn't get it.

On the plus side, I didn't get Color Smash’s Hair Shadow (it’s eye shadow but for your hair). I found out about that item via the product guide that was included in my box. In the past, this guide only listed the items that were in my box but the spring version lists all available products and is now a glossy, full-coloured booklet. I quite like this change even though it is a bit of a tease, seeing samples that you could have gotten but didn't receive.


This box is the last one that’s included in my original subscription and now I have to decide if I'm going to renew my subscription or not. I'm thinking I will; while I don’t always love everything I get, I do like, and us, the majority of the samples I received.

I've been doing some research on some of the other beauty boxes out there and I don’t feel that there’s one that’s better than Luxe Box. For a while, it looked like TopBox was offering a superior box but I haven’t been overly impressed with their latest boxes (the regular ones anyway). I'm also not interested in any of the mono-brand boxes like Starlooks or Julep. I want a beauty box that’s packed with a variety of brands, some I know, some I don’t, that sell at a variety of price points, and this area Luxe Box never disappoints.




1 comment:

  1. My box is terrible. If you want to see what I got, here it is. (you can translate at the end of the page) http://lookinsidemycloset.blogspot.ca/2013/04/luxebox-du-printemps-2013-spring-steven.html

    ReplyDelete