Saturday, March 30, 2013

StriVectin-SD Power Serum for Wrinkles


If you’re a regular reader of this blog you know that I believe that a high price tag should mean that a product will be effective and then some. Unfortunately, the more I test products out, the more I find that not to be the case.

StriVectin-SD Power Serum for Wrinkles, which retails for $99 for a 50 ml bottle, is the latest over-priced product I've tried out. Using a “technologically advanced” and patented formula, this serum “…powers up skin to help repair damage and fight off all visible signs of ageing  and is “Clinically proven to reduce length, width and number of wrinkles.”

StriVectin-SD also says that “64% of women said Power Serum works faster and better than other anti-ageing products they have tried.” I wish I could include myself in that 64% stat but unfortunately I found that this product had no long-term impact on my skin while its short-term impact could be achieved by any rich moisturiser.

I applied this serum twice a day for six weeks to my forehead, which is the only part of my face that’s showing any signs of ageing (focusing it on one area also allowed me to stretch out the deluxe-sized sample I was using). Those signs of ageing are really only visible when my skin is dry so making them temporarily disappear shouldn't be too much of a challenge.  And when my forehead was only somewhat dry, this serum did indeed do a fine job of plumping up my skin and making my fine lines vanish. However, when my skin was really dehydrated, this serum just couldn't add in the moisture needed to smooth things out for the short-term.

As for the long-term impact on my skin, well, I didn't really see any. StriVectin-SD says that using this serum for eight weeks, “Reduces the size, length and depth of wrinkles; diminishes the look of pores.” I didn't use this product for the full eight weeks but based on my “results” at the six-week mark, I can’t see how two more weeks would have made much of a difference. By the time my sample bottle was empty, my forehead lines didn't look any different, let alone reduced, and my skin didn't look any more luminous or clear, two results that, according to StriVectin-SD, should have been visible at the two-week mark.

So yeah, overall this product was disappointing, especially considering its sky-high price tag. I guess next time I should try out StriVectin-SD’s “power couple,” which is this serum coupled with the Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks & Wrinkles. Given the duo’s $187.20 cost (or $234 if purchased separately), the results must be fantastic (yes, I'm being sarcastic).

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No but if you’re ever often a deluxe-sized sample, do take it. Maybe this product will work better for you than it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment