Friday, April 5, 2013

The Basic Elements Vegan Clay Facial Cleanser + Mask


The Basic Elements is a small, Toronto-based company that is, "...offering the best in handmade vegan and organic beauty alternatives!" I discovered it at last month's edition of the Junction Flea Market where I picked up the Vegan Clay Facial Cleanser + Mask for the very reasonable price of $8.

I often find that indie beauty products, while usually made with top-notch ingredients, don't deliver the results I'm looking for. But thankfully this isn't the case with this dark, muddy product that's both healthy and effective.

At least as a mask. While this duo purpose product is supposed to work equally well as a regular cleanser, I haven't yet tried out that side of it.

But I have used it several times as a mask and each time the results are the same: Smooth, super-soft skin that glows well into the following day. And while this mask doesn't clean out pores, it does do an excellent job at opening pores up so that I can manually clean them out.

Another aspect of this product that I quite like, and that's too often missing in regards to indie beauty products, is solid packaging that contains proper labelling. This product comes packaged in a simple, but practical twist-top aluminium tin that's decorated with elegant labels that list actual instructions (yeah!) and ingredients (yeah!).

And those ingredients are: Fair trade Rhassoul clay, USDA organic glacial marine clay, non-GMO vegetable glycerin, distilled water and USDA organic rosemary essential oil. That's it. The latter ingredient does give a mild rosemary scent to this product that, combined with the clay's natural "muddy" smell results in a scent that isn't the most pleasant but certainly does make this mask smell "natural." While I didn't mind it, people with sensitive noises might be turned off.

Would I buy this product again: Yes! And the next time I'm at the Junction Flea I hope to pick up something else from The Basic Elements' line.

Should you buy this product: Yes! The results are great and the price and ingredients are even better. If you're not able to get down to the Junction Flea, check out The Basic Element's Etsy shop.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment