Friday, May 3, 2013

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream For Oily-to-combination Skin


I first tried Garnier’s Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream last spring. As you can read over here, I wasn't a fan of the original formulation of this product because it left my skin overly dewy looking and just didn't provide the coverage I wanted. That latter issue is one I've found to be true of any BB cream that, up until now, I've tried out and because of it, I didn't have high hopes for   the combination-to-oily skin version skin version of this BB cream, which I recently received a free sample of (thanks SampleSource!).

However, it turns out that my low expectations were completely wrong. Despite having that lightweight, watery texture that’s common to BB creams, this product provides the type of coverage that you would expect from a proper foundation. Blemishes and pores vanished under it and stayed vanished, at least for a few hours.

But decent coverage isn't the only assistance that this cream provided my skin with. According to Garnier, this product offers five instant benefits:
  • Controls shine
  • Minimizes pore
  • Brightens complexion
  • Hydrates
  • Evens tone
And incredibly this cream did provide all of these benefits. I was most impressed with how well this product controlled shine. It instantly mattified my skin and kept it looking matte for hours, allowing only a tolerable amount of shine to appear on my forehead.

While I know this defeats the “easy” idea behind BB creams, I did try pairing this product with a Make Up Forever loose powder and the results were fantastic. I had smooth, pretty skin that was able to make it to the eight hour mark with only a minimal of shine.
Thankfully my face isn't as pale as my hand so
this colour actually looks good on

But while I found that pairing this product with a powder brought out the best results, you easily can just slap this cream on and go. Because it does provide actual coverage, you will want to apply it using a mirror but beyond that, no other beauty tools are needed.

And actually, because of this product’s moisturizing properties, you could even skip your morning moisturizer; just be sure to still use an SPF cream since sadly, this product doesn't contain any sun protection.

But that’s the one flaw in this otherwise ideal BB cream. Garnier boosts that this product delivers “instant perfection” and while that’s a little rich, this product does deliver the best results of any BB cream I've tried. And it does so at a very reasonable price. Depending on where you pick it up, you can expect to pay $13-$16 for a tube of this product.

Would I buy this product: Yes! I will definitely be picking this item up the next time I see it in stores.

Should you buy this product: If you have oily or combination skin, the answer to this question is an easy yes. Though first get a hold of a sample to make sure that one of the three available colours works with your skin tone. If one of them does, snap up this product and get ready to use it almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment