Thursday, June 20, 2013

bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

I received this bliss face wash for free as part of my gift bag from Hudson Bay’s Confessions of an Editor event. The timing was perfect because I was just finishing off another face wash. Now, I'm almost done this newest face wash and so far the results have been… mediocre.

bliss describes this product as “A two-in-one oil-free exfoliating wash for all skin types…” that has “…a non-stripping formula that rebalances even the most schizophrenic of skins.” Besides not using the term “schizophrenic” correctly, this wash also didn't “rebalance” my skin. After using this product for over two weeks, usually twice a day, my skin doesn't look any healthier or improved.

Now, it doesn't look any worse, but in no way does it look “rebalance,” regardless of how you define that word.  I will though give this wash its “non-stripping” claim because it didn't dry out my skin.

Bliss also says that this gel cleanser “…effectively removes dirt and makeup” and “gently exfoliates with perfectly soft, round exfoliator beads.” Again, I didn't find these claims to be completely true. Yes, it did wash off some dirt and makeup but it definitely didn't leave my skin squeaky clean. And as for exfoliating, well, those soft, round beads just didn't do it for me. This product has absolutely no impact on blackheads and while I don’t think it encouraged blemishes, it certainly didn't fight them.

Made with “rose hip extract, milk thistle, passion flower and chamomile,” this wash is supposed to calm the skin. As for whether or not it actually did that, well, it certainly didn't irritate my skin. This product did wash off quite cleanly and while it might not have approved the look of my skin, it did leave it feeling very soft and smooth.

At around $30 for a 6.7 oz pump bottle, this face wash isn't cheap. But at least it smells good, thanks to this product’s “fresh, fruity” scent.

Would I buy this product: No, it didn't deliver the results I wanted.

Should you buy this product: No; the results aren't worth its high price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment