Monday, June 3, 2013

Lancôme New Advanced Génifique

While I did receive a fairly generous sample of this anti-aging serum in my spring Luxe Box, it wasn’t enough to last me the full eight weeks needed for this product to “Reactivate the 10 key signs of youth, day and night.” No, I’m not completely sure what that line means either however, Lancôme does add that 34 women who used this product for an eight-week period reported a real improvement in these areas: Fine lines, wrinkles, radiance, clarity, even skin tone and texture (I know, that’s not 10 areas, I have no idea what the earlier mentioned 10 is referring to).

Since I didn’t use this product for eight weeks I can’t comment on any claim related to the results generated by that length of usage. But I can comment on what six weeks of continuous use does. Since late May, I’ve been using this product at least once a day, and more often than not twice a day, on my forehead (it's the only part of my face that could benefit from an anti-aging product). According to Lancôme, users should see, “First results in just seven days” and those results should be “…smoother and more radiant skin that you can see and feel.”


And there were certainly some days were it seemed like this product was making a gradual, but visible difference in decreasing the appearance on my forehead lines. But then the following morning I would look in the mirror and any improvements were gone. By the end of my six-week trial, my forehead looks, and feels, the same as when it started.

Lancôme makes no immediate claims about this serum so it’s not surprising that applying it to my forehead had no immediate impact beyond making it look a little more hydrated.  On the plus side, it didn’t make my skin shiny, didn’t cause any negative reactions and didn’t interfere with makeup or any other products.

It also felt and looked like a very nice, pricey serum. Lancôme says that this product, which comes with “advanced self-loading dropper that gives you the perfect dose of serum,” is “incredible to the touch” and I will give them that since this serum does have an impressively silky smooth texture.  It also absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave any kind of film.  Of course, at $82 (USD) for a one ounce bottle, this product better feel luxurious.

Will I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: If your primary goal is to plump up and/or prevent fine lines, skip it. While I didn’t use it for the full eight weeks, I feel that if it was going to have any impact in the area, some results would have been visible, and lasting, by the six-week mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment