Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Fairy Lashes Mascara

While beauty box subscriptions can have their issues (duplicate or unsuitable products, delivery and customer service problems), I still love the idea because they introduce me to products like Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics’ Fairy Lashes Mascara.

I received this item in my June 2013 Topbox. Prior to this box, I’d never heard of this item or even the Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics line. After a bit of investigation, I know now that Jelly Pong Pong is UK-based, that its products are formulated in Italy and that its founder wants to bring us, “…an irresistible line of cosmetics, extraordinary yet beautiful, for you to discover and delight in.”

While I wouldn’t go as far as saying that Fairy Lash Mascara is irresistible or extraordinary, I will say that this is above-average mascara that excels at staying on your lashes. 

Jelly Pong Pong claims that this product leaves lashes “thicker and curvier while allowing them to be spectacularly soft and light.” I actually found that this mascara didn’t add in much volume. However, it did add in noticeable length and a ton of curl (it looked like I had used an eyelash curler on my lashes). And it did that without weighing down my lashes or leaving them feeling stiff or waxy.

But the most impressive aspect of this mascara is how well it stays in place (I’m stunned that Jelly Pong Pong doesn’t boast about this on this item’s product page).  Once it’s on, it’s on and there’s no flaking or smudging, even if you start tearing up. You can easily wear this mascara the whole day and head home with lashes that still look long and curled. 

Of course, since this mascara does an A+ job at staying in place, it’s also a real pain to take off. Regular water or face wash won’t do it, you need a makeup remover. And when it does start coming off, it comes off in rubbery pieces, sort of like blinc mascara. This can be a bit freaky, because it looks like your lashes are coming off (they aren’t, it’s just the mascara) but on the plus side, it means no racoon eyes.

While this mascara lets you skip the eyelash curler, it does require that you comb your lashes before you apply it. Skipping that step will likely result in spider lashes since this brush does nothing to separate clumped together hairs.

And speaking of clumps, I did run into the odd one while applying this mascara but they were few and far between.  

Fairy Lashes Mascara sells for £15, which is a bit high for this product. It also appears to not be available in any Canadian stores, though you can order it online.


Would I buy this product: If it was easier, and cheaper, to get, I would certainly consider it.

Should you buy this product: If you want long, curled lashes without any flakes, and don’t mind shelling out £15 for an online purchase, then this mascara might be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment