Monday, November 11, 2013

Consonant Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream for Dry Skin & Ultra Firming Organic Eye Cream

Last week I used up the last of the Consonant samples that I picked up months ago at the Beauty Board. This final round of Consonant testing involved the Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream for Dry Skin and the Ultra Firming Organic Eye Cream

Let’s start with the latter product. This highly praised product is supposed to provide “remarkable results” from “from the very first use.” “Formulated to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles,” says Consonant, “This 100% natural formulation will also help eliminate the look of dark circles.” Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes are not yet an issue for me but dark circles, well, that’s enough matter.

Okay, they aren’t that bad but they are there and I did think that perhaps this cream, which is made with all kinds of healthy, often organic oils, would lighten them. But after a week’s worth of use, I didn’t notice a difference. This luxe-feeling, minimally scented cream certainly felt lovely on my skin but visually it did nothing.

Besides using it around my eyes, I also dabbed this cream on a few dry spots before going to bed. While it didn’t make the dry spots vanish overnight, it did minimize them. Based on that experience, I think this cream could indeed fight wrinkles and plump up fine lines.

While the eye cream didn’t wow me, it did impress me more than the Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream. Consonant brags that it provides, “Persistent hydration for 24 hours” but I didn’t find that. While any initial applications did leave my skin, “smoother, more radiant and hydrated,” those effects only lasted for about an hour. Then, slowly but visibly, the dry skin came back.

I do though agree with Consonant's statements that this product is non-greasy and fast absorbing. It also did feel great on my skin and it having a thicker texture than the Organic Moisturizing Face Cream made it feel higher-end to me. But despite the difference in texture, the Ultra Moisturizing cream is the same price as its less-rich sister: $36 for 15 ml.

And just like that product, the Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream for Dry Skin is packed with mostly organic ingredients and is 100% natural. While it might not deliver hours of hydration, it certainly is a skin-healthy product.

Would I buy these products: No. The face cream did nothing for me while the eye cream just isn’t a product I need.

Should you buy these products: I recommend passing on the face cream. As for the eye cream, skip it for dark spots but do check it out if you need something to fight eye-area dryness and fine lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment