Friday, December 13, 2013

Almay Color+Care Liquid Lip Balm And Lash Care Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Almay Week here on Stuff on Lindsay Bought is coming to a close with two product reviews today. Both of these products were items I received for free from Almay at the gifting suite it had set up at Spark Sessions.

At the gifting suite, we started by selecting two Shadow Softies eye colours. The colour options offered by this product are terrific. We then selected a foundation, a blush, a mascara, an eye makeup remover and then, at the end of the table, a lip balm. Unlike with the eye colours, the lip colour options were a bit disappointing. They all looked too bright and garish.

After almost grabbing a Color+Care Liquid lip balm in Apricot Pucker, I decided to go with Lilac Love. While the colour looked a bit intense in the tube, it didn’t look too bad when swatched.

Once I got it home, I tried it on my lips and much to my surprise, discovered that it’s actually quite a flattering colour. While it’s very purple in the tube, on it’s more of a subtle, slightly purple pink colour that’s actually quite wearable.

According to Almay, this product, “combines the lip conditioning care of a balm with the shiny color of your favorite gloss. Shiny color drenches lips with 2x hydration as lip-loving conditioners provide 194% more moisture for softer, smoother lips over time.”

I haven’t been using this lip balm long enough to comment on the “194%” number but I can say that in the short-term, this product is quite moisturizing and does leave my lips feeling healthy and happy. It’s also free of any stickiness or heaviness.

Personally, I found this product to be more like a tinted lip balm than a gloss. While it did add some shine, it didn’t really make my lips shiny. However, that’s something I’m fine with when it comes to daytime wear.

Almay_Lash_Care_Gentle_Eye_Makeup_Remover_Pads_Review
But while I was pleased with the results of the lip balm, I can’t say the same about Almay’s Lash Care Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads.

These “hypoallergenic. fragrance-free. dermatologist tested” pads “completely remove all traces of makeup that soap and water can leave behind,” claims Almay. But I found that these pads just couldn’t get the job done when it came to removing most heavy mascaras as well as my Buxom eyeliner.

It did do all right when it came to removing eye shadow, including the shimmery or glittery kind. However, I did need to use both sides of a pad to fully remove any eye colour.

Supposedly, these pads also contain a “gentle formula (that) conditions for healthy, stronger lashes.” I can’t comment on this since I gave up on this product after it became clear that it just couldn’t cut it in regards to my mascara.

On the plus side, these pads are packaged in a durable container that makes it much more travel-friendly than any liquid eye makeup remover.

Will I buy these products: I can see myself buying the lip balm, especially since it only retails for around $8. But I will be passing on the makeup remover pads.

Should you buy these products: This is an easy one: yes to the lip balm (don’t be afraid of the colour, it won’t go on that intensely) but no to the makeup remover pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment