Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My #MapleVoxBox & Reviews For Ice Breaker Duo & Skinny Cow Snacks

Last week I found out that I was one of the lucky people to receive the first ever Canadian VoxBox by Influenster, a US company that sends freebies out to “…trendsetters, social media masterminds, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences.”

Called the #MapleVoxBox, it was packed with a number of beauty related items as well as a trio of edible ones. It also came with a card that not only listed all of the items in the box, but also explained a bit about them and *gasp* included the recommended retail price. What can’t every company/PR agency/sample box do this?

Since I have the card, I’ll let it explain what I received:



I’ve already gotten into the food items. The Ice Breakers Duo mints immediately caught my attention since I already enjoy eating the non-mint version of this product. And it turns I love this item as well.

This product is one half mint, one half raspberry candy and 100% crunchy and tasty. Unlike a lot of mints out there, this one isn’t overly strong and doesn’t leave my mouth feeling like its on fire. While this probably isn’t the mint you want to pop if you’ve just eaten a clove of garlic, it covers up more mellow smells just fine and will leave you mouth feeling fresh and clean. I will definitely be picking up another box of Ice Breakers Duo.

The other food items in the box are both made by Skinny Cow. The first item is the Heavenly
Crisp, a milk chocolate-flavored bar that’s just 100 calories. It’s basically a few thin wafers covered in chocolate and it’s actually not that bad. For what it is, a 100 calorie-snack, it’s tasty enough and could even calm a chocolate craving (well, maybe two would be necessary).

The second Skinny Cow item is the Dreamy Clusters, which are describes as “Crunchy crisps and creamy caramel drenched in milk chocolate.” While these treats were more filling than the Crisp, I didn’t like them as much and I’m blaming the caramel. It just tasted blah. However, it did make each cluster quite chewy, which stretched out the eating experience. Because of that, and because of the more filling nature of this candy, this product is worth checking out if you’re seriously looking for low calorie snack items. But personally, I’ll be skipping it.

So that’s three items from my #MapleVoxBox reviewed! Only four more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment