Monday, February 17, 2014

Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Shampoo, Conditioner & Split End Bandage

What could they be?
A few weeks ago, Influenster, the product-trying company that I’m part of, posted a survey to see which of its members should try out a new line of hair products. I immediately took the survey but was told that nope, this new line wasn’t appropriate for me.

I forgot about the whole thing until two Mondays ago when I received a package from Influenster.
It turns out that I was selected and because of that, I was sent, at no cost to myself, small bottles of a mystery shampoo, conditioner and split-end treatment. All I was told was that these products were from a L’Oreal brand, that they were intended for “distressed, damaged hair" and that all would revealed in a couple of weeks.

Until then, I was to use the small bottles found in my mystery box as I would any other shampoo/conditioner as well as apply the split-end treatment after towel-drying my hair. I did just that and overall, I’m pretty pleased with the results. While my hair doesn’t look quite as shiny as when I used this combo, but it still has some shine, is soft and manageable and is impressively smooth.

One morning, I tried a split-head test with the split-end treatment, using it on just half of my hair. The half that received the treatment was visibly smoother and shiner. While I had no idea what the name of the split-end treatment was, I did know that it was working.

Actually, that’s not completely true. By that point in time, I was pretty sure that my mystery products were part of Garnier Fructis’ new Damage Eraser line. Shortly after I received my mystery box, ads for that line started popping up in my Facebook feed. They made it clear that Damage Eraser was all about fixing damaged hair. Hmmm…

On Friday, a big box appeared at my door and its contents confirmed that yep, my mystery box was for Garnier Fructis’ newest line. Inside of the box were full-sized bottles of Damage Eraser shampoo, conditioner, Split-end Bandage and Strength Reconstructing Butter. That last product wasn’t included in my original mystery box and I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. Because of that, it’ll be getting its own, separate review.

Garnier_Fructis_Damage_Eraser_shampoo_conditioner_Split_end_Bandage_Strength_Reconstructing_Butter_review

Now that I know for sure the names of the products I’ve been using, I can analysis Garnier’s claims for them. According to the company, this line uses a unique formula that includes “plant-based proteins and active fruit concentrate, and cupuacu butter” to “reconstruct hair strength 90% from root-to-tip,” “bring back strength, vitality and shine” and “prevent future damage.” The split-end treatment also provides protection against heat damage.

For the most part, I agree with those claims. My hair looks and feels strong and based on the results of my split-head test, I have no doubt that the split-end treatment is providing heat protection. My hair could be shiner but as-is, it’s far from dull. And maybe that Reconstructing Butter will end up bringing the shine.

I have no idea what these products costs because why include that vital information but since they’re from Garnier, I guessing that everything is under $10.

Would I buy these items: Yes to the Split End Bandage though I’m not totally sold on the shampoo and conditioner.

Should you buy these items: If you have damaged or stressed hair, check these products out. They’re affordable, easy to use and they work.

1 comment:

  1. I had the exact same thoughts - yes to the serum, but not so much to the shampoo! I need to play around with these some more but I don't know if I am convinced by this range yet!

    ReplyDelete