Friday, March 28, 2014

Garnier Fructis Damage Strength Reconstructing Butter


Back in February, I was selected by Influenster to receive a box full of free products made by Garnier Fructis’ new Damage Eraser line. I've already reviewed three of those products, the shampoo, conditioner and split-end treatment, but the fourth, the Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter, is only being reviewed now because it’s one of those products that is best tested over several weeks.

Like all members of the Damage Eraser family, this product is “formulated for distressed, damaged hair.” Supposedly it “reconstructs strength and helps repair hair” and “protects hair from future damage” thanks to its inclusion of “plant based proteins and fruit concentrate and Cupuaçu Butter.”

While this product is called a “butter,” it’s really a hair mask that you apply after shampooing and leave on for three-five minutes. Since I received this product, I’ve tried that several times and even did a couple of split-head tests, where only one side of hair received the butter.

The results are supposed to be “shiny-looking hair” as well as hair that’s stronger and rejuvenated. I agree with the shiny claims; using this product did give my strands a nice boost of glossiness. But I’m not really sure about the strengthening claims. My hair doesn’t feel any stronger and its breakage rate hasn’t changed but then it’s hard to measure that kind of stuff, especially since I’ve never really had weak hair.

This butter also did nothing in regards to taming frizzies. Now, it doesn’t make any claims about doing that but I was really hoping that maybe as a nice bonus, this product would smooth down my hair. But nope, that didn’t happen.

But while this product didn’t fight frizz, it was easy to use. It has a thick, creamy texture that didn’t drip off my head but that rinsed off cleanly and easily when exposed to running water. The butter also smells great; a nice and not too strong combo of sweetness and citrus.

Then there’s the price, retailing at under $8, this is one of those products that’s easy to take a chance on.

Would I buy this product: I don’t know. It’s a good product for adding in shine but it does nothing for frizzies and that’s what my hair really needs help with.

Should you buy this product: Maybe. If your main problem is dull hair, this mask might just be what you’re looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment