Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fade Stop Shampoo & Detangling Conditioner

Goldwell_Dualsenses_shampoo_conditioner_colorBack in February, I got an invite to attend an event that salon brand Goldwell was throwing. Unfortunately I RSVPed too slowly to get in on the event but, much to my pleasant surprise, the PR woman I was dealing with decided to send me a gift pack.

Inside that package were a variety of free, full-sized items including the Detangling conditioner and Fade Stop shampoo from Goldwell’s Duelsenses Color line.The timing of these items was perfect as it arrived shortly before I had my hair re-highlighted. While I don't always use for-colour shampoos and conditioners, I do try to use those types of products for at least a few weeks after I get my hair refreshed, in some attempt to preserve my colour. So once I got back from the hairdresser's, I tossed these two new bottles into my shower.

According to the packaging, the shampoo’s “Superior FadeStopFormula with Pomegranate Essence reduces color fading to a minimum” while the conditioner not only protects colour but also “intensifies color brilliance”  with its own formula that includes a UV filter, something called Instant Microfluid Technology and more pomegranate essence.

It’s been almost a month since I got my hair highlighted and the colour is still fresh, bright and golden. In fact, it could pass for having been done just last week. And while my talented hairdresser does deserve credit for that, I think Dualsenses shampoo and conditioner are also playing a big role in preserving the vividness of my highlights.

Goldwell also claims that both products provide “weightless care,” which I agree with completely. While these items left my hair quite shiny, they didn’t weight it down. The conditioner also did a great job at detangling my hair and left it quite managable, both while wet and while dry.  

Unfortunately this line didn’t do much to tame frizz or smooth down my hair but then it doesn’t make any claim in regards to either of those areas.

Both of these products smell amazing; a light, sweet, fruity scent that I wish stuck around for longer. And while the packaging is nothing fancy, it gets the job done. It also comes is two sizes, a more traditional 10 oz that seems to really vary in price (I saw it online for anywhere from $15 to $21) to the larger 25.4 oz size (grab a duo pack in this size for only $35 on Amazon)

Would I buy these products: I would if I could find them in a brick-and-mortar store.  Unfortunately, none of the salons around me seem to carry Goldwell. But maybe I can find it in one of those beauty supply shops.

Should you buy these products: If you have coloured hair then yes! This product is all about preserving colour and it does a great job at doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment